Staying Healthy: Immune Boosters
With the current concerns over covid-19 we though we would go over some easy and effective ways to stay fit and healthy for you and your loved ones.
- Don't smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
- Strengthen your body and your immune system through the practice of Qigong / Yoga etc…
Herbs like, Echinacea, Elderberry, Andrographis and Astragalus can help reducethe duration and severity of illness. On top of that, using vitamin and mineral supplements like Moringa Oleifera & Amla provide the necessary nutrients for a strong immune system.
- 1 Autoimmune disorders.
- 2 Inflammation of the internal organs.
- 3 Blood disorders or abnormalities, such as anemia.
- 4 Digestive issues, including loss of appetite, diarrhea, abdominal cramping.
- 5 Growth and developmental delays in infants and children.
Your immune system can be weakened by certain medicines, smoking, alcohol, and poor nutrition. AIDS. HIV, which causes AIDS, is an acquired viral infection that destroys important white blood cells and weakens the immune system.
Keeping hands clean is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Handwashing with soap removes germs from hands. This helps prevent infections because: People frequently touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without even realizing it.
- Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all.
- In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick
- Vitamin B6 is vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight off infection.
Green Tea: Drink Tea
There is evidence that green tea and chamomile tea can help strengthen the immune system. Even if the effect is minimal, you can't go wrong, since both are loaded with powerful antioxidants unique to each tea.
- Cayenne Pepper
Andrographis (Indian Echinacea): Activates immune system chemicals which can increase defense mechanisms against viruses and bacteria.
Turmeric: A natural way to help bolster the immune system by increasing the immunomodulating capacity of the body, adding black pepper improves the bio availability of the vital component curcumin.
Amla (Indian Gooseberryu): An excellent source of Vitamin C, hence it helps boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial ailments, including cold and cough. Its nutritional profile also comes studded with a range of polyphenols that are known to fight against the development of cancer cells
Moringa Oliferia: One of the best moringa benefits is its super immune-boosting powers. Maintaining a healthy immune system is essential for helping our bodies stave off infections and illnesses.
- Apple, carrot, orange.
- Orange and grapefruit.
- Kale, tomato, celery.
- Beet, carrot, ginger, turmeric.
- Strawberry and mango.
- Strawberry-kiwi mint.
The following foods may help to boost the immune system:
- Dark chocolate
- Oily fish
- Sweet potatoes
Vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts are loaded with nutrients that are essential for our immune system. Consuming them on a daily basis boosts the immunity.
For a healthy liver, cruciferous vegetables like Kale, Broccoli and Cabbage should be included in daily diet.
So Please Remember…
Wash Hands frequently and thoroughly.
Make food and drinks loaded with nutrients part of your daily diet